As homeowners, we love a life of comfort and nothing disrupts that comfort like a power outage. Be it an extreme weather event or a blackout, loss of power is an unpleasant experience. This is why standby power is a worthy investment to keep you on the grid. At Talius Caribbean, we supply and can install a Generac Generator for your home. Generac is the industry leader with unmatched quality and durability. If you are considering standby power, look no further than Generac.
Why Generac Generators?
Generac’s generators deliver power directly to your home’s electrical panel, as soon as power is lost, eliminating the need for extension cords or manual operation. They are available with a range of kilovolt-amps (kVA) options based on your home’s needs.
Here are five reasons to invest in a Generac Generator, among the leaders in standby power.
- Keep your home and family comfortable
Picture the onset of heat after a few minutes of a power outage, or losing power just when your critical devices are low on power. We know how upsetting that could be, and a generator is sure to add a degree of comfort to what could have been a dark time.
- Prevent food spoilage
Think about how much money is wasted from food spoilage in a prolonged power outage. One thing that is uncertain is how long the power will be gone, and that is not a chance anyone should take.
- Charge your car
As the uptake in electric vehicles continues, you need your car to be fully powered in case of an emergency. Having a Generac Generator allows you to stay powered up.
- Keep your work routine going
As a business owner or remote worker, you can never miss a beat when working from home. Should you lose power in the middle of the workday, there is peace of mind in knowing that you can function effectively.
- Stay protected during a storm
Hurricanes, tropical storms, and even thunderstorms can be nerve-wracking enough without having to worry about loss of power. Storms make the question of the return of power even more significant, therefore a standby generator is your safest bet.
How do I choose the right Generac generator for my home?
Now that we have convinced you to invest in Standby power from Generac, you may be wondering how to choose the best generator for your home. Ask yourself the following:
- What is the fuel source?: The fuel source typically will be either natural gas or liquid propane and this is crucial to ensuring the generator runs effectively
- What do I need to power?: Determining your power needs is crucial to ensuring your home is adequately covered, whether it be your car, kitchen appliances, or air conditioning. Examine the data plate on your appliances for an estimate of how much power is required
- What is my preferred transfer switch?: The most convenient (and safest) way for the generator to kick in after a blackout is with an automatic transfer switch. Why worry about having to manually operate the generator? In order to choose the right switch, have your electrician assist with understanding the amperage of your electrical service panel.